Paul Hargrave has been assisting Australian start-ups and small to medium enterprises in a range of industries for nearly 20 years. Our team at Fox Cheshire are committed to using our business acumen and legal expertise to help your business succeed.
We know that no two businesses are the same – they each have their own needs and risks, which is why each need personalised legal advice. When you work with us, it’s a guarantee: practical, affordable legal solutions that are tailored to meet the specifics of your business.
We understand the needs and protections differ for small and medium businesses. Our lawyers specialise in this area, so we have the knowledge and expertise to help you achieve success, regardless of the size or stage of your business.
When you work with us, we listen to the goals you have and we tailor our service accordingly. Nothing is more important to us than providing you with legal solutions that meet the needs of you and your small business.
Our business lawyers can help you with:
- Business structures: If you are establishing a new business, we can help you set your venture up soundly, whether by partnership, joint venture, company, trust or franchise. If you’re looking to restructure your business we can help with partnership dissolutions and corporate restructures.
- Commercial law and business advice: We can assist your knowledge of, and compliance with your obligations, such as; Corporations Act and governance, Australian Consumer Law, ASIC and Work Health and Safety.
- Business contracts: Our commercial lawyers can prepare or review all types of legal contracts including purchase or sale of business, Put and Call Options, franchise agreements, supply agreements, service agreements, distribution agreements, partnership agreements, commercial contracts. We ensure the contract terms and conditions are suitable for your business now and into the future. For buyers, we ensure that you get what you pay for – for sellers, we help minimise risks associated with selling a business.
- Corporate law: We can assist with shareholders agreements, advice on corporate governance, and documenting company administrations.
- Property and leasing: We can assist with retail leasing and commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants. We can also assist with the sale or purchase of commercial property.
- Workplace and employment: We can draw up or review employment contracts and workplace agreements as well as assist with disputes and unfair dismissals.
- Commercial disputes and commercial litigation: We offer dispute resolution services and business litigation covering a wide range of problems including breach of contract, building and property disputes, debt recovery, partnership disputes and corporations law.
- Franchises: If you’re looking to buy into a franchise we can help you go through the franchise agreement and franchisor disclosure documents to make sure that proper disclosures have been made, and you are aware of the issues that could make or break your new business.
- Copyright, trademarks and patents: We can help you manage and enforce your intellectual property rights, preparing and registering designs, patents and trademarks.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency: We can assist with the whole process of recovering money owed to you from an initial Letter of Demand through to Statement of Claim and Court Judgment.
- Finance and Taxation: We can draft and review mortgages, guarantees, PPSR charges and other securities documentation and advise on; stamp duty, GST, Capital Gains & Land Tax.
- Business succession and asset protection: You need a plan in place to make sure that your business and personal assets are protected. We can work with your business and family to devise a plan that keeps your hard won assets safe through unit, discretionary and family trusts, Wills and/or Powers of Attorney.
Consider how much it will cost your business to get these key components wrong. Whatever your circumstances, a good business lawyer on your side can help you mitigate the costly risks associated with your business.
Our offices are conveniently located in Lane Cove, and we can also meet you at your premises.
Ready for personal, practical legal solutions? Contact us today to arrange a consultation with one of our experienced business lawyers.