Planning for your family’s future after you’re gone is not a fun topic, but it is enormously important.
If you take the time now to make an effective legally binding Will and Testament you can save your family not only stress but money in what will undoubtedly be a difficult time for them.
It is very important to have a succession plan in place that makes the transition easy not only for yourself but also for your family and minimises the chances of a property, business or farm having to be unnecessarily sold.
Fox Cheshire’s will and estate planning expertise can help:
- Prepare and advise on your will, whether simple or complex,
- Advise you in regard to estate and Probate laws
- Write a will that maximises the inheritance for your family
- Set up family and testamentary trusts
- Advise you in regard to choosing executors and guardians
- Consider the risk of claims on your estate, and minimise the chance that your will is contested and subject to litigation
- Advise on capital gains tax issues and other and financial concerns
- Safely store your will and other important legal documents
Estate planning is an active process of re-evaluating your needs when circumstances in life change, such as:
- Newly married couples or those divorcing
- A change to the family’s asset pool
- A change in working conditions such as the buying or selling of a business
- Changes to superannuation, insurance policies or taxation levels
- The establishment of discretionary trusts
At the same time as considering your Will we strongly recommend that you also put in place plans for any future incapacity through Power of Attorney and Guardianship documents. This will ensure that if you somehow become unable to make decisions about your finances, your medical treatment or living arrangements then the person or persons who you trust to make these decisions can do so unhindered.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation with an experienced estate planning lawyer in Lane Cove.